Novum is a physical supply and trading company which offers a stable and reliable product supply which includes primarily fuel oil, distillates, metallurgical coal and a variety of custom options with professional execution every time. Currently seeking for a lawyer with strong experience in the oil and energy industry.
– Draft, review and modify legal documents.
– Supports and advises regulatory procedures: permits, licences, etc.
– Liaise with other departments to review company strategy/plans and agree on next steps to be taken.
– Ensure company is compliant with regulatory requirements by keeping up to date with legal matters that affect the industry.
– Represent Novum before authorities and third parties.
- Law degree or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in Mexican Energy law and Regulations, knowledge in governmental processes (CRE and SENER)
- Excellent contract drafting skills and solid knowledge of business contracts.
- Candidate to this position must have strong legal research, analysis, writing, advisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to give advice and influence external audiences.
- Ability to seize rapidly new concepts of the Energy Law and openness to learn new things.
- Fluent in English.
Type of Position: Full time, candidate must be based in Mexico City.
Availability to Travel: occasionally, valid passport and valid USA Visa required.
Education Requirements: Lic. En Derecho /Licence to practice Law
Desired Technological Skills: Excellent knowledge of MS Office